Shorewalker is David Walker, and a few friends
Shorewalker.com is the online notebook of David Walker, a professional content consultant with wide experience in communications, business and technology.
Shorewalker.net is David's editing and publishing consultancy. It specialise helping governments and business to create and distribute their economic, business, infotech and scientific ideas and offerings.
David is currently:
- Principal of Shorewalker DMS, which consults to site development and publishing firms and publishing arms of businesses. Recent and current clients include the NSW Productivity Commission, the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD), Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand (CAANZ), the Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance (ANZIIF), CPA Australia, Xero, Thomson Reuters, the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO), KPMG and The CEO Magazine.
- Blogger at the award-winning Club Troppo group blog.
He has also recently:
- Edited Acuity, the print magazine of Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand.
- Edited INTHEBLACK (in print and at intheblack.com), Australia's largest-circulation monthly business publication and a global award-winner. In 2016 alone it won:
- Publish Awards (Australia) - Best Association/Member Organisation magazine
- Publish Awards (Australia) - Website of the Year, Business
- Content Marketing Awards (US/global) - Best Association Publication
- Content Marketing Awards (US/global) - Best Regularly Featured Column or Section (for the regular "Strategist" feature)
- Content Council Pearl Awards (US/global) - Best Association/Non-Profit Publication
- Presented lectures on the evolution of online publishing to journalism students at RMIT University.
David has previously been:
- President of the mighty Northcote Junior Football Club in Melbourne's inner north.
- Chief operating officer of WorkDay Media, a firm specialising in high-quality online business journalism and publisher of the subscription banking and finance service Banking Day. As well as takingfg care of regular business there, he authored WorkDay Media's submission to the Finkelstein Media Review.
- Director of strategic communications and advocacy for the Business Council of Australia.
- Consultant to the 2008 National Innovation Review.
- Director of policy and communications for the Committee for the Economic Development of Australia (CEDA). He produced major reports on issues including income tax, broadband telecommunications, the need for a higher pension age, and trade and investment policy.
- Site director at pioneering online financial services startup eChoice, now part of the FirstFolio group. Under his direction, eChoice became one of the first major Australian websites to conduct A/B testing of site designs.
- Columnist on business and technology for Melbourne's The Age and the Sydney Morning Herald. The online version of that column became one of Australia's first blogs in 1996.
- Business columnist and online business editor at The Age newspaper. There he provided the first dedicated online coverage of a Federal Budget in 1997 and created the first business news event site, telstrashares.com site, for the second Telstra float.
- Economics correspondent for News Ltd and then The Age in the Canberra Press Gallery.
- Securities Institute of Australia: Diploma in applied corporate finance, 1992
- University of Adelaide: Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), 1986